Kokrajhar: A 17-year-old youth reportedly drowned in Hell river at Fakiragram in Assam’s Kokrajhar district late on Sunday evening. His friend, was, however rescued from the river. He was rushed to Kokrajhar RNB civil hospital for medical treatment.
The incident took place at Dhopertal village along the Hell River under Fakiragram police station of Kokrajhar district.
The deceased youth was identified as Shyam Basfor, while his friend was identified as Sanjay Basfor (19). Both hailed from Maligaon in Guwahati. They were visiting a relative’s family in the area and had gone for a bath in the river when the incident occurred.
According to the local police, SDRF team rushed to the spot after the incident, and within minutes they recovered the deceased’s body while the other one was rescued.
- 108 South Koreans on pilgrimage of Buddhist sites in India, Nepal
- Soon, train passengers can order food via WhatsApp
- Italy-based Indian man held for impersonating Vice President
- 3 killed in collision between ambulance, truck in Siliguri
- CBI nabs 2 NF Railway engineers in bribery case
- Meghalaya 2023: 11 candidates from 3 EGH constituencies file nominations