Aizawl: Mizoram will cease to enjoy medical seats under the central pool quota. An official statement issued by the state higher and technical education department said that the Centre has ceased allotment of seats to Mizoram under central pool of quota for pursuing medical courses as the state has it own medical institution, Zoram Medical College (ZMC).
In the last academic session, the ZMC was allotted 100 seats in MBBS and the same number of medical seats will be allotted again to the institution in the new academic session this year.
The statement said that allotment of seats under the Central quota has been automatically ceased with the establishment of medical college in the state.
In the eye of the Centre, Mizoram is self-dependent as regard to medical seats. Hence, the central quota has been automatically ceased, the statement said.
Mizoram enjoyed 18 seats for pursuing MBBS and seven seats for BDS in various medical institutions across the country during the last academic session 2018-2019.
Although MBBS seat under the Central pool quota has been ceased, the state will continue to enjoy five seats under the quota for BDS in the new academic session.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31