Aizawl: Three girls from Mizoram have made the state proud by bagging medals at the recently concluded World Police and Fire Games held in Chengdu, China from August 9 to 18 this year.
While boxers Lalbuatsaihi and Vanlalduati clinched gold medals in the 64 kg and 51 kg categories, respectively, Lalfakmawii won a silver in the 81 kg.
Earlier, another athlete from Assam, archer Pallabi Das, clinched a gold medal in archery (traditional) event at the games in China.
An employee of Assam Police, Das won the medal by scoring 388. Earlier, she won two gold and one silver at the World Police Sports Meet 2018 held in Los Angeles, USA.
On the other hand, Pallabi Boro, an employee of BSF, collected a gold and two silver medals in the field and 3D archery category.
Earlier, another Assam Police athlete Tunlai Narzary won a gold in shot-put at the World Police and Fire Games. She is currently employed with the 20th Assam Police (IR) Battalion.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31