Guwahati: Assam archer Pallabi Das clinched a gold medal in archery (traditional) event at the World Police and Fire Games in Chengdu, China.
An employee of Assam Police, Das won the medal by scoring 388. Earlier, she won two gold and one silver at the World Police Sports Meet 2018 held in Los Angeles, USA.
Meanwhile, governor Jagdish Mukhi took to Twitter to congratulate Das for the big win. “Congratulations to both of our sport sensations Pallabi Das & Tulani Narzary. It is to be mentioned that Palllabi has won Gold Medal in Archery and Tulani has brought laurels to the state by winning Gold in Shotput at the World Police and Fire game organized at Chengdu, China,” he tweeted.
On the other hand, Pallabi Boro, an employee of BSF, collected a gold and two silver medals in the field and 3D archery category.
Earlier, another Assam Police athlete Tunlai Narzary won a gold in shot-put at the World Police and Fire Games. She is currently employed with the 20th Assam Police (IR) Battalion.
- Shah, Mamata to arrive in poll-bound Tripura on Monday
- ISRO-NASA built satellite ready to be shipped to India for launch
- The consequences of childhood trauma on children’s mental health
- Buzzing discovery in Arunachal: New bee species named after Tawang
- Sports finally being viewed from athletes’ perspective in country: PM Modi
- Study of half a million soccer fans shows how group identity shapes behaviour