Itanagar: The hoisting of the national flag caused a major embarrassment to MLA Gum Tayeng after it was found to be upside down during the 73rd Independence Day celebrations in Dambuk, a circle in Lower Dibang Valley district of Arunachal Pradesh, on Thursday morning.
Immediately after the incident, Lower Dibang Valley SP Sanjay Kumar Sain appointed deputy superintendent of police Techi Tab as the inquiry officer to find out more details about the episode.
This was not the first time that an embarrassment of this kind has happened in Arunachal Pradsesh. During this year’s Republic Day celebrations at Longding district, the flag was successfully hoisted but it flew upside down.
Earlier, at the Indira Gandhi parade ground in state capital Itanagar, as governor BD Mishra went on to hoist the flag before the national anthem began to play, the rope tied to the flag appeared to have been tied too tightly and the flag fell to the ground.
Moreover, during the Republic Day celebrations at Bordumsa in Changlang district, the flag could not be hoisted.
- Hornbill Festival: Akashvani showcases vintage radio equipment
- Assam: Mahura Weaves opens showroom at Guwahati’s Roodraksh Mall
- Cong ignored spirit of anti-BJP alliance in state polls: Ex-Tripura CM
- Nagaland’s Keneilelie Sorünuo wins Silver in National Bodybuilding C’ship
- Digitised records from wildlife centres show how humans harm wild animals
- Mizoram: ZPM promises zero tolerance against corruption