Itanagar: The hoisting of the national flag caused a major embarrassment to MLA Gum Tayeng after it was found to be upside down during the 73rd Independence Day celebrations in Dambuk, a circle in Lower Dibang Valley district of Arunachal Pradesh, on Thursday morning.
Immediately after the incident, Lower Dibang Valley SP Sanjay Kumar Sain appointed deputy superintendent of police Techi Tab as the inquiry officer to find out more details about the episode.
This was not the first time that an embarrassment of this kind has happened in Arunachal Pradsesh. During this year’s Republic Day celebrations at Longding district, the flag was successfully hoisted but it flew upside down.
Earlier, at the Indira Gandhi parade ground in state capital Itanagar, as governor BD Mishra went on to hoist the flag before the national anthem began to play, the rope tied to the flag appeared to have been tied too tightly and the flag fell to the ground.
Moreover, during the Republic Day celebrations at Bordumsa in Changlang district, the flag could not be hoisted.
- Manipur tribal leader’s murder: Video shows abduction in police presence; 14 cops suspended
- Arunachal: Single-day recoveries outnumber fresh COVID-19 cases
- BTS and Coldplay release highly-anticipated track ‘My Universe’
- Tripura: Two BSF jawans killed, one injured following scuffle
- Biden to host Indo-Pacific leaders as China concerns grow
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 24