Guwahati: Meghalaya chief minister Conrad K Sangma on Wednesday visited his adopted school, Shohphria Govt LP School, near Nongstoin in West Khasi Hills.
Earlier this year, the chief minister had adopted the school and sanctioned one-and-half month of his salary amounting to Rs 3 lakh for its renovation. The school had remained neglected for over two decades with decrepit infrastructure.
Sangma interacted with the students of the school and the teachers and has assured to improve the functioning of the school with better facilities.
The CM took the opportunity to urge other ministers, MLAs and bureaucrats to follow suit and adopt school and better its infrastructure facilities.
He was accompanied by tourism minister Metbah Lyngdoh and local MLA Macmillan Byrsat on his visit to the school.
- Nagaland Lottery December 6: Check Dear Ganga Morning lottery result
- Nagaland firing issue raised in RS; Opposition demands statement from HM
- 3 feared dead as Myanmar army truck runs down protesters
- Japan’s military, among world’s strongest, looks to build
- Nagaland killings: RRAG calls for immediate arrest of accused personnel
- Tribal body revises death toll in Nagaland firing to 14