Guwahati: Two pilots were rescued after the Sukhoi Su-30 they were flying in crashed near the Indian Air Force (IAF) base in Tezpur in Assam’s Sonitpur district on Thursday evening.
According to reports, locals of Tezpur woke up to a loud noise around 8.15 pm. Unaware of what was happening, they rushed to the spot only to find that a Sukhoi Su-30 fighter plane had crashed near Milanpur in Tezpur.
The two pilots, however, managed to eject moments before the crash and are said to be safe.
“Today evening, a Su-30 aircraft on a routine training mission from Tezpur crashed in the local flying area. Both pilots ejected safely from the aircraft and have been rescued. A court of inquiry will ascertain cause of the accident,” said a defence PRO source.
The crash took place at Saikia Chuburi near Tezpur. The fighter aircraft took off from Salonibari Air Force Station in Sonitpur on a routine training mission from Tezpur.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31