New Delhi: Two days afer the Centre revoked Article 370 that gave special status to Jammu & Kashmir (J&K), Prime Minister Narendra Modi is all set to address the nation at 8 pm on Thursday.
During the speech, Modi is likely to explain government’s decisions on abrogating special status to J&K and splitting the state into two union territories, reports said.
The proposed speech also comes days before the PM’s customary address on Independence Day on August 15 from the ramparts of Red Fort in New Delhi.
The last time Modi addressed the nation was on March 27 during the Lok Sabha elections when he announced that India had demonstrated anti-satellite missile (A-Sat) capability by shooting down a live satellite.
On August 6, Parliament approved a resolution abrogating special status accorded to J&K under Article 370 of the Constitution. It also cleared a Bill to bifurcate the state into two Union territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh.
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 21
- NASA: Look out for this Corn, Barley, Fruit, Potato Harvest Moon
- Mizo nationalism our driving force: CM Zoramthanga
- 5 affordable smartwatches with Spo2 sensors ideal for COVID-19 times
- Raj Kundra walks out of Mumbai jail after bail in pornographic films case
- 453 held in Assam for illegal land broking activities