Guwahati: It’s good news for the football lovers of the state as Assam lad and former Indian star Halicharan Narzary has been named among 35 probables for India’s World Cup qualifiers.
Indian football team coach Igor Stimac on Monday named his list of the probables for the preparatory camp for the forthcoming 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers against Oman and Qatar.
India’s campaign for the FIFA World Cup 2022 will begin on September 5 in Guwahati, when it takes on Oman, followed by an away game against Asian champion Qatar in Doha on September 10. Afghanistan and Bangladesh are the other two teams in the group.
The list of 35 probables stays as follows:
Goalkeepers: Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, Amrinder Singh, Kamaljit Singh, Vishal Kaith.
Defenders: Rahul Bheke, Nishu Kumar, Pritam Kotal, Anas Edathodika, Sandesh Jhingan, Anwar Ali, Narender Gahlot, Sarthak Golui, Adil Khan, Salam Ranjan Singh, Subhasish Bose, Jerry Lalrinzuala, Mandar Rao Dessai.
Midfielders: Nikhil Poojary, Udanta Singh, Anirudh Thapa, Raynier Fernandes, Vinit Rai, Sahal Abdul Samad, Amarjit Singh, Pronay Halder, Rowllin Borges, Brandon Fernandes, Lallianzuala Chhangte, Halicharan Narzary, Ashique Kuruniyan.
Forwards: Balwant Singh, Sunil Chhetri, Jobby Justin, Farukh Choudhary, Manvir Singh.
- Murky water: Meghalaya MLA goes all guns blazing at minister
- GoPro Hero 10 Black launched. Check specifications, price, more
- Nagaland Lottery September 17: Check Dear Hooghly Morning lottery result
- Congress celebrates PM’s birthday as #NationalUnemploymentDay, Twitterati play along
- Modi calls for SCO template to fight radicalisation, extremism
- IT dept widens probe against actor Sonu Sood; search multiple premises