Aizawl: In a shocking incident, the body of a newborn girl was found on the roadside early on Sunday morning at a residential locality in Aizawl, Mizoram.
Two girls were taking a walk at Mission Vengthlang locality around 5.30 in the morning when they saw the body of the newborn with the umbilical cord still attached to it.
Police were informed about it and a case registered. Autopsy result is still awaited.
The body was given a proper burial by community and church members at the Mission Vengthlang cemetery in Aizawl.
The story went viral on various social media platforms. Many condemned the act saying such behaviour is a disgrace to society and Christianity. There were some who also questioned the desperation of the parents saying what they would be going through to abandon a newborn baby.
- Mizoram: COVID-19 recoveries outnumber new cases; death toll at 422
- Infant mortality rate dips in Arunachal Pradesh
- India reports 13,451 new COVID-19 cases, 585 deaths
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 27
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 27
- Assam reports 347 fresh COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths