Aizawl: Over an hour after EastMojo reported about Union minister for development of north eastern region (DoNER) Dr Jitendra Singh’s faux pas on Twitter, the tweet in question was deleted and a fresh one was posted with the corrections.
On Friday, Singh tweeted about his meeting with Mizoram minister TJ Lalnuntlaunga, but wrote about being conveyed good wishes from the Sikkim Krantikari Morcha government in Gangtok, whereas he probably meant to say the Mizo National Front (MNF) government in Aizawl.
The faux pas raised eyebrows among the people, especially for the fact that the DoNER minister’s job is to look after the affairs of the Northeast; hence a mix-up between the two states could have been unavoidable.
Singh’s updated tweet now reads: “Mizoram Minister for Law, Parliamentary Affairs,Transport,Environment,Forest & Climate, Sh T. J. Lalnuntluanga called on to convey good wishes from the Mizo National Front (MNF) government which was recently sworn in at Aizawl. Also discussed wide range of state related projects.”
Meanwhile, PRISM leader TBC Lalvenchhunga shared the minister’s earlier tweet on his Facebook page slamming him for the faux pas. “How can you become a nationalist when you didn’t know the states and its capital? This is why BJP advocates One Nation One Rule and sabotaging the federal structure of India.”
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation