Aizawl: Over an hour after EastMojo reported about Union minister for development of north eastern region (DoNER) Dr Jitendra Singh’s faux pas on Twitter, the tweet in question was deleted and a fresh one was posted with the corrections.
On Friday, Singh tweeted about his meeting with Mizoram minister TJ Lalnuntlaunga, but wrote about being conveyed good wishes from the Sikkim Krantikari Morcha government in Gangtok, whereas he probably meant to say the Mizo National Front (MNF) government in Aizawl.
The faux pas raised eyebrows among the people, especially for the fact that the DoNER minister’s job is to look after the affairs of the Northeast; hence a mix-up between the two states could have been unavoidable.
Singh’s updated tweet now reads: “Mizoram Minister for Law, Parliamentary Affairs,Transport,Environment,Forest & Climate, Sh T. J. Lalnuntluanga called on to convey good wishes from the Mizo National Front (MNF) government which was recently sworn in at Aizawl. Also discussed wide range of state related projects.”
Also Read: Mizoram or Sikkim? DoNER minister’s embarrassing moment on Twitter
Meanwhile, PRISM leader TBC Lalvenchhunga shared the minister’s earlier tweet on his Facebook page slamming him for the faux pas. “How can you become a nationalist when you didn’t know the states and its capital? This is why BJP advocates One Nation One Rule and sabotaging the federal structure of India.”
- India to unveil new Foreign Trade Policy 2023-28
- Former civil servants condemn Rijiju’s remarks on judiciary in open letter
- FSSAI allows labelling curd in regional names amid controversy
- Meghalaya: Asian leopard cat rescued by GHADC forest officials
- IOC asks IOA to appoint CEO without further delay
- Assam: Rabha Unions’ demand CBI probe into death of BSF constable