Guwahati: Children in large numbers from different parts of the state took part in day-long workshops and drawing competitions organised in memory of cultural icon Dr Bhupen Hazarika in each district headquarters of the state on Thursday.
Organised by Creative Eyes, a Guwahati-based art and painting institute, the competitions were held in different categories in different parts of the state.
In Nagaon, over 100 students from various schools of the district took part in the day-long workshop and drawing-cum-painting competition held at Bengali high school, Nagaon.
Dadul Chaliha, an artisan who is also director of Creative Eyes, spoke on various issues relating to paintings and drawings among the participants. Principal of Nagaon Bengali high School, Mira Bhagawaty, also spoke during the programme.
Also Read: Assam boxer Lovlina Borgohain shines in Russia event, enters semis
Tamlina Hasan, Urishi Laskar and Dorothy Gogoi secured first, second and third position respectively in the Mahabahu category of the competition supported by theme “Nature and Children”.
On the other hand, Kasturika Saikia, Ruchi Rai and Bhargavi Deka secured the first three positions respectively in Bohniman category of the drawing competition supported by theme “Assamese Society”.
Notably, on September 2 this year, the top position holders of drawing and painting competition falling under different categories from all the districts will meet in a common platform for a state-level contest to be held in Guwahati.
- How to get free spins at European Casino
- BJP destroyed railways by stopping practice of separate budget: Mamata
- All you need to know about getting free spins on card registration
- Sikkim lists ‘pharma-related’ products as part of One District One Product
- NEDA convener Himanta Biswa Sarma to visit violence-hit Manipur
- Manipur: Assam Rifles organises peace meet in Jiribam and Tamenlong