Maligaon: The Railway Protection Force (RPF) of Rangapara under Rangiya division of Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) rescued three minor boys and handed them over to their guardians on Sunday.
The RPF team escorting the Donyi Polo Express received a telephonic information regarding three boys who fled their homes without giving any information to their guardians. The train escort party immediately swung into action and detected the boys and handed them over to the RPF post at Rangapara. Their guardians were also informed. The rescued boys were handed over to them, safe and sound.
In another incident on July 28, RPF personnel of Rangiya along with the Quick Response Team(QRT) of RPF detected one minor girl and one minor boy in a distressed condition at the station. On repeated enquiry, they disclosed their identities and disclosed that both of them had fled from their homes. Both the minors were brought to the RPF Post at Rangiya so that they don’t fall into the hand of traffickers. Later on, both the minors were safely handed over to Child Line, Kamrup for necessary action.
It may be worth mentioning that, in a recent drive, the RPF of NF Railway rescued as many as 17 minor boys and girls from different stations/ trains within NFR jurisdiction. The drive was conducted from July 15 to 21 and the children were rescued before they got lured by anti-social elements.
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 22
- Official: US at turning point in dealing with Myanmar crisis
- Income tax refunds of Rs 92,961 cr issued during this fiscal: CBDT
- Brain-dead man gives new lease of life to 4 patients, family donates organs
- India’s vaccination prog. science- born, science-driven, science-based: PM
- Nagaland reports 11 new COVID-19 cases, recoveries surpass new infections