Guwahati: Vangba Kuponghu of Nagaland was found at the Huda City Metro in Gurugram on Monday, thanks to the joint effort of police personnel, volunteers and members of the NGO, Helping Hand. The 25-year-old had gone missing on July 20.
A press statement released by Delhi Eastern Naga Students’ Union (DENSU) said that Kuponghu had gone to the city to find a job on July 14. He had a misunderstanding with his roommate which made him unhappy and he decided to run away from his room.
He was found late on Monday evening, when off-duty policeman Raman Singh and Sonu Arya of Huda City Centre Metro station recognised him asking while asking for help at the station. They informed his family, who in turn apprised Delhi Eastern Naga Students’ Union of his whereabouts. The union took quick action and brought him back to Nagaland House in Delhi.
The boy was famished when found, as he had had only one meal since the evening he ran away.
DENSU in a press release thanked all the organisations and individuals who committed themselves in our search for Vangpa Kuponghu.
While talking to EastMojo, a source said that the case is now closed at the police station where the initial FIR was lodged.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31