Imphal: Three persons, including two women, were reportedly injured in a Chinese hand grenade blast in Imphal, Manipur on Tuesday evening.
According to sources, the blast occurred at Thangmeiband Hijam Dewan Leikai near the Royal Enfield servicing centre of the capital town around 7 pm.
The injured persons have been identified as Mayanglambam Surbla (38), Nourem Bidibala (33) and Huyam Manihar (60). They were rushed to the nearby Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS), Imphal for treatment. Soon after the news of explosion was received, the area was cordoned off by security personnel for further investigation.
Also Read: Manipur: PREPAK-RA militant held; arms & ammunition recovered
So far, no individual or organisation has claimed responsibility for the blast. More details are awaited.
- Meghalaya: World Tuberculosis Day observed at Purakhasia
- ‘Mrs Chatterjee Vs Norway’ raises Rs 13 crore in opening weekend
- Assam Assembly passes resolution against BBC amid oppn protests
- Indian envoy in Canada cancels event due to security concerns
- NFI to organise Lamka Youth Summit 2023 across NE states
- Mizoram: Two women arrested with heroin worth Rs 60 lakh