Kohima: In a minor reshuffle of portfolios on Tuesday, Nagaland chief minister Neiphiu Rio retained charges of finance, personnel and administrative reforms and any other platform not allotted, a notification issued by chief secretary Temjen Toy said.
Deputy chief minister Y Patton who held the charge of home and national highways was assigned the charge of home and roads and bridges. Meanwhile, former minister of roads and bridges Tongpang Ozukum is assigned as minister of housing and mechanical.
The previous urban development minister Metsubo Jamir was allotted the rural development department, and Neikiesalie Kire, advisor rural development, was named advisor, urban development and municipal affairs.
Earlier in the February budget session, the opposition party Naga People’s Front (NPF) staged a walkout from the Nagaland Legislative Assembly (NLA) at question hour after questions were raised in regard to rural development.
State BJP president Temjen Imna Along was allotted the additional charge of tribal affairs along with his incumbent post as higher and technical education charge.
Zhaleo Rio, the CM’s brother, was made an advisor to sericulture, excise and minority affairs leaving the seat of deputy speaker vacant.
Kashiho Sangtam, minister of soil and water conservation, and women and child development, was relieved of the latter profile and allotted an additional department of geology and mining.
While most advisors were reassigned the same portfolios, minor reshuffles were made and the departments allotted with immediate effect are:
· Noke Wangnao: Social welfare, home guards & civil defence;
· Pohwang Konyak: Fire & emergency services, SIRD and relief & rehabilitation;
· Pukhayi: Food & civil supplies, legal meteorology & consumer protection and justice & law;
· R Khing: Veterinary & animal husbandry and women resources development;
· Mmhonlumo Kikon: Information technology & communication, science & technology and new & renewable energy;
· Tovihoto Ayemi: Power;
· Dr Longrineken: Treasuries & accounts and national highways;
· Namri Nchang: Water resources;
· L Khumo: Fisheries;
· K Tokugha Sukhalu: School education;
· Toshi Wungtung: Information & public relations, SCERT and village guards;
· Kazheto Kinimi: CAWD and NSDMA;
· Mhathung Yanthan: Horticulture and border affairs;
· Khehovi Yepthomi: Tourism and art & culture;
· N Bongkhao Konyak: DUDA,
. H Haiying: Prisons and printing & stationery;
· Imnatiba: Industries & commerce, labour & employment, skill development & entrepreneurship;
· Zale Neikha: Youth resources & sports
The notification reiterated that the arrangement was to “help utilise the vast and practical experience of the members of NLA for the benefit of the public at large”.
- Assam: 74 rare tortoises seized from Silchar-Sealdah train, 2 arrested
- Internet ban in Manipur again? Check details here
- Nagaland: Church condemns PM’s call for cleanliness drive on Sunday
- Ukhrul: Journalists boycott 24 AR over ‘harassment’ of reporter
- Mizoram: Serchhip district celebrates silver jubilee amid HIV, drug abuse concerns
- Tripura HC dismisses one of ‘10,323’ teachers’ plea, fines petitioner