Diphu: The dilapidated condition of the Diphu-Manja road in Assam’s Karbi Anglong district has been creating a big trouble for daily commuters in the past few months.
Despite repeated requests made to the authorities concerned by the locals, the crucial stretch connecting the hill district to the rest of the state has been in a perpetual state of disrepair. Due to this, many accidents have been reported from the area in the recent past.
However, all it took was the news of a minister’s visit to the area for the administration to rush for cover-up. On Wednesday, labourers were seen filling the numerous potholes on the stretch for the convoy of state health and finance minister Himanta Biswa Sarma to pass through on Thursday.
As per reports, the minister will be visiting the district to lay the foundation stone of the district Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) office near the Recreational Park along the Diphu-Manja road. Sarma will also inaugurate a recently-built fishery garden in the area. Later, he will also interact with the public at a meeting on the campus of Assam Hills Medical College and Research Institute in the district.
Meanwhile, a 12-hour bandh has been called by a conglomeration of 16 civil, political and student organisations in Karbi Anglong and Dima Hasao districts on Thursday.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art