Alipurduar: A video of an elephant taking on a JCB loader in Tulsipara tea estate of West Bengal’s Alipurduar district is going viral.
It all happened when an elephant calf got trapped in a water tank within the tea estate on Friday. When locals heard the wails of the baby elephant, they called in a JCB loader to bring it out of the tank. However, the calf’s mother that was nearby didn’t understand that the locals were only trying to save the animal.
Also Read: Assam boxer Shiva Thapa makes history, wins gold in Kazakhstan
It was then that the elephant tried to fend off the JCB loader with its trunk. After much struggle, the elephant left the locals and their machine alone.
By then, the baby elephant was almost drowning. But the JCB driver’s quick thinking came to the rescue. The driver broke a side wall of the water tank to help the jumbo calf come out of the water tank.
Both the elephant and its baby were later reunited and sent off to the jungle.
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh