Guwahati: For an industry which has encompassed the lives of one-sixth of the people of Assam for the past 120 years, the word ‘loss’ is something that is uncalled for.
For generations, the tea industry has been the symbol of opulence in Assam with tea growers owning chartered aircraft and a retinue of servants, not to forget the huge bungalows and a lifestyle that rightly befits the legacy of the British Raj.
- 8 everyday foods that are ultra processed. Here’s how to spot them
- IIT Mandi develops new tech to make military equipment invisible to radar
- PM urges global investors to explore Indian energy sector
- Budget a ‘silent strike’ on poor by Modi govt: Sonia Gandhi
- We want to diversify ties with India: Russian Ambassador Alipov
- 108 South Koreans on pilgrimage of Buddhist sites in India, Nepal