Guwahati: In a big development, India’s mixed relay race team comprising Hima Das, Mohammad Anas, M R Poovamma and Arokia Rajiv is now in contention of adding another gold medal at the Asian Games 2018 held in Jakarta, Indonesia last year.
India had got a silver medal in the 4×400 mixed relay race. But with Kemi Adekoya of Bahrain, which won the gold in the race, being handed over a four-year ban by the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) for failing a dope test, India’s silver may get upgraded to a gold after all.
Meanwhile, the ace sprinter’s gold rush is on. On Wednesday, the ‘Dhing Express’ bagged her fourth gold by winning the 200 m race at the Tabor Athletics Meet in Czech Republic.
Hima won in 23.25 seconds, and closed in on the gold, beating her competitors. This was 19-year-old sprinter’s fourth gold since July 2 when she claimed the women’s 200 m gold in the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix within 23.65 seconds. After that, she won her second 200m gold at the Kutno Athletics Meet with a time of 23.97 seconds.
Hima clinched her third gold on July 13, in women’s 200m event at the Kladno Memorial Athlectics Meet at Kladno in Czech Republic with a time of 23.43 seconds.
“Won another gold today in 200 m and improved my timings to 23.25s at Tabor GP,” Hima tweeted after her victory.
- Ivermectin misuse with COVID risks undermining use for other diseases
- Home Minister Amit Shah to visit Sikkim on November 20
- No sale of Teesta Urja or any govt property: Sikkim CM Golay
- Watch: 3 youths go missing in Assam’s Tinsukia, suspected of joining ULFA (I)
- Webcasting arrangements in place for Assam by-election: EC official
- Manipur: Dengue outbreak, but no need for panic say health officials