Imphal: In a swift action initiated by Assam Rifles, a huge cache of explosives were seized from Vengnuam South village in Manipur’s Churachandpur district on Tuesday.
Based on specific inputs, columns of the Assam Rifles raided Vengnoum village and seized 190 explosive sticks, 62 detonators and 145 cases of illicit liquor from a local resident.
“These explosives could have been used by the insurgent groups to make IEDs and use it against the civilians and security forces,” Defence PRO Col C Konwer said in a statement on Wednesday.
“It is also believed that the individual is involved in selling explosives, preparation of fake documents and liquor permits,” Konwer added.
The accused person and the seized explosives and illicit liquor have been handed over to the Churachandpur police for further investigation, he added.
- Mizo National Front slams Centre’s move to implement UCC
- A story of two mothers from a human-elephant conflict zone in Assam
- Meghalaya 2023: Lyngdoh sisters from Shillong file nominations
- India’s budget will be ray of hope for world: PM Modi
- Northeast India weather: Winter chill to give way to warmer days
- Guaranteed win: Ex-Tripura MLA’s family is contesting from 3 parties