Guwahati: India’s ace sprinter Hima Das bagged her fourth gold by winning the 200 m race at the Tabor Athletics Meet in Czech Republic on Wednesday.
Hima won in 23.25 seconds, and closed in on the gold, beating her competitors. This was 19-year-old sprinter’s fourth gold since July 2 when she claimed the women’s 200 m gold in the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix within 23.65 seconds. After that, she won her second 200m gold at the Kutno Athletics Meet with a time of 23.97 seconds.
Dhing Express clinched her third gold on July 13, in women’s 200m event at the Kladno Memorial Athlectics Meet at Kladno in Czech Republic with a time of 23.43 seconds.
“Won another gold today in 200 m and improved my timings to 23.25s at Tabor GP,” Hima tweeted after her victory.
The Assam sprinter is yet to qualify for the World Championship in both the quarter-mile event and the 200 m race.
Reacting to her victory, many popular personalities took the opportunity to congratulate her on Twitter.
Ace fashion photographer and Bollywood producer Atul Kasbekar tweeted, “Hima!!! Better get a large saftery deposit locker to store all this gold I say! And pls don’t forget to declare all this metal at Customs.”
Bollywood actor Taaspee Pannu tweeted, “Now she is gonna make a gold mine of her own. Kudos girl @HimaDas8.”
- Assam: 74 rare tortoises seized from Silchar-Sealdah train, 2 arrested
- Internet ban in Manipur again? Check details here
- Nagaland: Church condemns PM’s call for cleanliness drive on Sunday
- Ukhrul: Journalists boycott 24 AR over ‘harassment’ of reporter
- Mizoram: Serchhip district celebrates silver jubilee amid HIV, drug abuse concerns
- Tripura HC dismisses one of ‘10,323’ teachers’ plea, fines petitioner