Guwahati: India’s ace sprinter Hima Das bagged her fourth gold by winning the 200 m race at the Tabor Athletics Meet in Czech Republic on Wednesday.
Hima won in 23.25 seconds, and closed in on the gold, beating her competitors. This was 19-year-old sprinter’s fourth gold since July 2 when she claimed the women’s 200 m gold in the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix within 23.65 seconds. After that, she won her second 200m gold at the Kutno Athletics Meet with a time of 23.97 seconds.
Dhing Express clinched her third gold on July 13, in women’s 200m event at the Kladno Memorial Athlectics Meet at Kladno in Czech Republic with a time of 23.43 seconds.
“Won another gold today in 200 m and improved my timings to 23.25s at Tabor GP,” Hima tweeted after her victory.
The Assam sprinter is yet to qualify for the World Championship in both the quarter-mile event and the 200 m race.
Reacting to her victory, many popular personalities took the opportunity to congratulate her on Twitter.
Ace fashion photographer and Bollywood producer Atul Kasbekar tweeted, “Hima!!! Better get a large saftery deposit locker to store all this gold I say! And pls don’t forget to declare all this metal at Customs.”
Bollywood actor Taaspee Pannu tweeted, “Now she is gonna make a gold mine of her own. Kudos girl @HimaDas8.”
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence