Itanagar: A woman cop was suspended by the Capital Complex police in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh for allegedly demanding and accepting bribe from an accused of an accident case.
A complaint against the woman assistant sub-inspector (ASI) was received from the accused of the accident in which he alleged that the she had demanded Rs 40,000 for granting him bail, said Capital Complex SP Tumme Amo.
The ASI was the investigation officer of the accident case which occurred on April 24. “She (the woman officer) made the accused believe that his offence was a non-bailable one, whereas that was the case,” said Amo.
“According to the accused, he was on his vehicle with his wife and they were on their way to a hospital when the car suddenly started to face some issue with the brakes. Accordingly, he drove his vehicle to a garage near Arunodaya Higher Secondary in H Sector during which he accidentally hit two mechanics of the garage. Subsequently, the owner of the garage lodged a complaint against the accused in Itanagar police station,” Amo informed.
The SP further said that the police department will not tolerate any forms of corruption, especially from its officers or personnel. “We should be free of corrupt practices first, only then can we take action or tell others not to get indulged in the same. Honesty must begin from home,” he added.
- Assam Govt to re-examine all TET teachers’ credentials
- This Squid Game themed café in UAE is driving fans nuts!
- Encounter between NSCN Unification and Niki Sumi groups; 1 dead
- Assam: Rounak Ali Hazarika to be grilled in disproportionate asset case
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 18
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 18