Kohima: In a video that has now gone viral, security personnel of the 9th Indian Reserve Battalion (IRBn) are seen practising a drill to a popular Bollywood number, Dhal gaya din, from the 1970 film, Humjoli.
The video was shot at Sagaing in Nagaland’s Phek district around six days ago, said a source in Nagaland Police.
According to the source, the video was captured during a refresher course of the battalion. “During this course, the boys are made to undergo a lot of physical and mental exercises. They get tired. So, just to make them lively, the instructor sings to make everybody participate in the drill, not only physically but also mentally,” the source told EastMojo.
The instructors conduct such drills during refresher courses with the aim to make all the newly inducted cadres learn wholeheartedly.
“This is not a new thing. Even CRPF has done it. Other units in the country do it,” said the source, adding that the routine was inspired by such practices adapted by other forces.
“But it is very effective. During normal drills, the cadres get tired. But when the instructor sings, they participate and it becomes very effective,” added the source.
- 5 easy tried and tested one-pot meals to ‘Netflix and chill’ this weekend
- COVID in schools: How ventilation can help to combat spread of the virus
- Indo-Nepal joint military training exercise in Pithoragarh from Monday
- 2 Indian projects among 15 finalists for Prince William’s Earthshot Prize
- Gadkari gets Rs 4 lakh royalty per month from YouTube for lecture videos
- NIA arrests key conspirator in Manipur Rifles arms theft case