Guwahati: Arunachal Pradesh singer Thupten Tsering is once again in the limelight for sharing the frame with Bollywood actor Salman Khan. A video shared by Khan on his official Instagram page has been viewed over 17 lakh times and counting.
The video starts with a shayyari by Tsering followed by which, the duo sing Phoolon ke rang se from Dev Anand’s 1970 movie, Prem Pujari.
The differently-abled singer shot to fame after participating in popular reality show, Indian Idol, in 2016. Former Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, too, had praised Tsering once for his positive outlook. In a tweet from 2016, Tendulkar had said, “This guy is special. He is amazingly positive despite his challenges. Truly inspiring More power to you :).”
The Indian Idol singer lost both his arms at the age of five years, when he accidentally touched a high-voltage electric wire. However, the accident didn’t deter him from chasing his dreams.
Tsering’s video was also shared by Union minister of state for youth affairs and sports and Arunachal West MP Kiren Rijiju. The minister wrote, “A wonderful and touching video by @BeingSalmanKhan bhai known for having a caring human heart. Encouraging a rural youth Thupten from Arunachal Pradesh.”
Khan has also been previously associated with the frontier state. He was seen cycling along with Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Pema Khandu and Union minister Kiren Rijiju earlier this year.
- India records 18,795 new COVID-19 cases, 179 more deaths
- Former Pak captain Inzamam-ul-Haq undergoes emergency angioplasty
- Afghanistan, Myanmar will not address UN General Assembly: UN official
- Mizoram consumer affairs minister tests positive for COVID-19
- Protests over landfill site in West Jaintia Hills prompts govt action
- Online portal in employment exchanges among 4 govt initiatives launched by Assam CM