Guwahati: Prominent photographer Peter Elford Thangkhiew, who made Meghalaya a hotspot for travel photographers across the world, breathed his last at Dr H Gotdon Roberts Hospital in Shillong on Wednesday evening. He was 40.
Born to late D Mynsong and Queency Thangkhiew, Elford was a resident of Nongkseh upper Shillong.
He was an environment enthusiast and the founder of Discover Meghalaya Facebook page, which has 70,000+ followers. It highlighted the state’s picturesque beauty and was successfully managed to make Meghalaya a prominent place for travel photographers around the world over the years.
Elford was also an employee of BSNL GMTD Shillong.
His funeral will take place on July 12, at the Raid Sawkur Nongkseh Cemetery at 3 pm.
- Assam: 74 rare tortoises seized from Silchar-Sealdah train, 2 arrested
- Internet ban in Manipur again? Check details here
- Nagaland: Church condemns PM’s call for cleanliness drive on Sunday
- Ukhrul: Journalists boycott 24 AR over ‘harassment’ of reporter
- Mizoram: Serchhip district celebrates silver jubilee amid HIV, drug abuse concerns
- Tripura HC dismisses one of ‘10,323’ teachers’ plea, fines petitioner