Agartala: The Tripura State Pollution Control Board (TSPCB) has closed down all 350 brick kilns in the state for not obtaining environment clearances, following a Tripura High Court order, on Wednesday.
Speaking with reporters, TSPCB chairman Prof BK Agarwal said that the Tripura High Court has ordered the board to close down the brick kilns until they obtain fresh environment clearances from the authorities concerned. These brick kilns were running their businesses without obtaining environmental clearances from the state pollution control board.
On Thursday, the TSPCB published the list of the brick kilns which were ordered to stop their activities till they got the clearance, said Agarwal.
Earlier, a division bench of Tripura HC comprising Chief Justice Sanjay Karol and Justice Arindam Lodh ordered on July 3 to stop the functioning of all the brick kilns which have not received environment clearances from the authorities concerned.
The TSPCB, in an affidavit submitted to Tripura High Court, said that over 350 brick kilns were running their businesses without obtaining environment clearance from the state.
- COVID-19 impact: EC’s ban on physical rallies hits charter flights
- ULFA (I) refrains from calling bandh on Republic Day
- RDay parade: Army marching contingents to display evolution of uniforms, rifles
- College teacher in Meghalaya completes 40,000 kms on bicycle trips in 6 years
- Taliban says bombers target minivan in Afghanistan, 7 dead
- Meghalaya couple on hunger strike to protest ‘atrocities against non-tribals’