Guwahati: Ace Indian sprinter Hima Das clinched her second international gold medal in 200-metre race at the ongoing Kutno Athletics Meet in Poland on Sunday.
This comes within a week of Das winning a gold at the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix on Tuesday, also in Poland. Clocking 23.65 seconds, it was Das’ first competitive gold of the season.
Earlier this year, Dhing Express, as she is called in her state Assam, was struggling with back issues and missed a major event due to her exams.
Also Read: How Assam police dept is winning hearts, one witty tweet at a time
The 19-year-old secured a first division in the higher secondary final-year examination conducted by the Assam Higher Secondary Educational Council (AHSEC), scoring 69.8% marks in the Arts stream from Dhing College in Nagaon district.
Das is the reigning U-20 world champion and is also the national record holder of 400 meters with a timing of 50.79 second which she clocked at Asian Games, Jakarta, Indonesia in 2019.
- What can we expect from the final UN climate report?
- BJP is just a tenant, not owner of democracy: Cong
- WB govt plotting handing over of state-run edu institutions to pvt sector: JUTA
- Education ministry preparing guidelines for students’ mental, emotional wellbeing: Pradhan
- US condemns attack on Indian consulate in San Francisco
- Meghalaya: World Tuberculosis Day observed at Purakhasia