Guwahati: Ace Indian sprinter Hima Das clinched her second international gold medal in 200-metre race at the ongoing Kutno Athletics Meet in Poland on Sunday.
This comes within a week of Das winning a gold at the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix on Tuesday, also in Poland. Clocking 23.65 seconds, it was Das’ first competitive gold of the season.
Earlier this year, Dhing Express, as she is called in her state Assam, was struggling with back issues and missed a major event due to her exams.
The 19-year-old secured a first division in the higher secondary final-year examination conducted by the Assam Higher Secondary Educational Council (AHSEC), scoring 69.8% marks in the Arts stream from Dhing College in Nagaon district.
Das is the reigning U-20 world champion and is also the national record holder of 400 meters with a timing of 50.79 second which she clocked at Asian Games, Jakarta, Indonesia in 2019.
- Meghalaya organisation writes to CM, urges action on fuel prices
- Russia’s daily Covid-19 death toll passes 1,000
- Man arrested for selling church property worth more than Rs 50 crore
- Watch: What made this Assam teacher bow down before students?
- Singhu border lynching: Victim’s family says he was ‘god-fearing’
- NE records 4- 5°C higher than usual, weather likely to improve in next 24 hrs