Guwahati: Twitter users from across the Northeast region and from different paths of life showered their love and prayers upon the 14th Dalai Lama on his 84th birthday on Saturday.
Greeting the 1989 Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Union minister of state for youth affairs and sports Kiren Rijiju took to Twitter to wish the Tibetan spiritual leader and pray for his long and healthy life.
Celebrating the spiritual leader’s special day at the Centre for Buddhist Culture Gompa, Itanagar on Saturday morning, Arunachal Pradesh CM Pema Kandu posted pictures of the visit. In another tweet, he shared pictures of his daughters, who he called ‘Daddy’s little angels’ celebrating the Dalai Lama’s birthday by planting trees in Tawang.
Meanwhile, a picture of the spiritual leader as a child surfaced on Twitter. In the photo, the little Dalai Lama can be seen standing next to Mahatma Gandhi.
- Russia: Pro-Kremlin party looks set to retain majority in parliament
- Racism: Jairam Ramesh, Shashi Tharoor slam UK Covid travel rules
- We take allegations of improper actions seriously: Amazon
- North Korea slams US over submarine deal, warns countermeasures
- NFR resumes special train between New Bongaigaon and Guwahati
- WB RS by-poll: TMC’s Sushmita Dev likely to win unopposed