Imphal: A low-intensity blast on Thursday evening in Manipur’s Imphal East district has once again raised the issue of security in the state.
According to an official report, the IED blast took place at an open space near BJP MLA Leishangthem Susindro Meitei alias Yaima’s residence at Khurai Sajor Leikai under Porompat police station. No one was reported to be injured in the blast.
Later in the evening, chief minister N Biren Singh along with some of his cabinet ministers and top police officials rushed to the blast site and also visited the residence of the MLA to meet his family. Yaima is the MLA of Khurai assembly constituency.
According to the report, the CM expressed strong suspicion that the blast might be related to the recent strong-worded statement made by Yaima about the distribution of rice under National Food Security Act (NFSA).
Terming the blast as unfortunate, Singh also appealed the people of the state to condemn the cowardly act in the strongest manner. So far, no organisation or individual has claimed responsibility for the blast.
- BJP should apologise to people of Assam: Cong on EC warning to Sarma
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 27
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for October 27
- Online Casino Software Explained
- Tejpal victim named & shamed, trial court order ‘retrograde’: Goa govt to HC
- Kohli slips a slot and other ICC T20 batter rankings