Guwahati: Two hardcore women members of the banned outfit Nationalist Democratic Front of Bodoland- Songbijit (NDFB-S) were apprehended by security forces from Budhikhamar area under Panbari Police Station of Assam’s Chirang district on Sunday.
The two rebels were held in a joint operation led by the Army and Assam Police after receiving inputs of induction of girl members in the banned outfit, said reports.
The arrested members have been identified as Rotima Borgoyary alias B Rwmwi, a member of the 40 Batch of NDFB(S), and Juli Basumatary alias B Jiri Jiri, a member of the 42 batch of NDFB(S).
As per reports, the two members were being inducted into Chirang from Nagaland to carry out recruitment and training of women overground workers (OGWs) in the Batha/ Bidai faction of NDFB(S).
Meanwhile, the arrest of the two women rebels is being seen as a massive blow to the efforts and plan of the top leadership of the banned outfit in reviving insurgency in parts of lower Assam, said reports.
- Babul Supriyo meets Mamata Banerjee: ‘Had a very good discussion’
- NRC published in August 2019 is final: Assam Foreigners’ Tribunal
- China launches cargo spacecraft to carry supplies to its space station
- Russia: Pro-Kremlin party looks set to retain majority in parliament
- Racism: Jairam Ramesh, Shashi Tharoor slam UK Covid travel rules
- We take allegations of improper actions seriously: Amazon