Guwahati: Two hardcore women members of the banned outfit Nationalist Democratic Front of Bodoland- Songbijit (NDFB-S) were apprehended by security forces from Budhikhamar area under Panbari Police Station of Assam’s Chirang district on Sunday.
The two rebels were held in a joint operation led by the Army and Assam Police after receiving inputs of induction of girl members in the banned outfit, said reports.
The arrested members have been identified as Rotima Borgoyary alias B Rwmwi, a member of the 40 Batch of NDFB(S), and Juli Basumatary alias B Jiri Jiri, a member of the 42 batch of NDFB(S).
Also Read: The day Assam cops thought Sachin Tendulkar was kidnapped by ULFA
As per reports, the two members were being inducted into Chirang from Nagaland to carry out recruitment and training of women overground workers (OGWs) in the Batha/ Bidai faction of NDFB(S).
Meanwhile, the arrest of the two women rebels is being seen as a massive blow to the efforts and plan of the top leadership of the banned outfit in reviving insurgency in parts of lower Assam, said reports.
- Canine experts seek end to practice of using police dogs for VIP events
- How to get free spins at European Casino
- BJP destroyed railways by stopping practice of separate budget: Mamata
- All you need to know about getting free spins on card registration
- Sikkim lists ‘pharma-related’ products as part of One District One Product
- NEDA convener Himanta Biswa Sarma to visit violence-hit Manipur