Guwahati: Hundreds of villagers have been stranded at Laika and Dodhia — two forest villages located in the core area of upper Assam’s Dibrugarh Saikhowa National Park due to massive floods. Flood waters have entered the villages forcing residents to shift themselves and their belongings to safer locations. No government help has reached the villagers till now, locals have alleged.
- Assam: 74 rare tortoises seized from Silchar-Sealdah train, 2 arrested
- Internet ban in Manipur again? Check details here
- Nagaland: Church condemns PM’s call for cleanliness drive on Sunday
- Ukhrul: Journalists boycott 24 AR over ‘harassment’ of reporter
- Mizoram: Serchhip district celebrates silver jubilee amid HIV, drug abuse concerns
- Tripura HC dismisses one of ‘10,323’ teachers’ plea, fines petitioner