Aizawl: Mizoram power minister R Lalzirliana on Tuesday informed the state legislature that 22 villages are yet to be electrified in the state.
The minister was replying to a question from the lone BJP member Dr BD Chakma, Lalzirliana said the government was hopeful to electrify all the villages within the next six months.
He said that as many as 26,502 households including below poverty line (BPL) and non- BPL families were provided electricity connection free of cost under Saubhagya scheme.
However, monthly electric bill will be borne by the beneficiaries, he said.
The minister also said that at least 68 villages in Chakma Autonomous District Council (CADC) area have been already electrified.
The Saubhagya scheme under Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana scheme was launched in the state on January 17 last year to provide electricity to all willing households.
- Why Ruptu Gogoi believes CWG is like Mt Everest for Lawn Bowls
- World’s first ‘parastronaut’. Will anyone be able to go to space one day?
- India’s presidency of G-20 a matter of pride for all citizens: PM Modi
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for December 5
- Assam conservationists win big at Sanctuary Wildlife Awards
- Nagaland Lottery December 5: Check Dear Sun Monday lottery result