Guwahati: Mizoram sports minister Robert Romawia Royte, popularly known as ‘RRR’, is known to have deep pockets. With Rs 44 crore of declared assets, the owner of Aizawl FC was the second richest candidate in fray during last year’s Assembly elections in the state.
However, his small act of kindness has now made him a man of big heart.
Recently, RRR gifted an Aizawl FC team jersey to a little kid named Lalngaihawma. The former footballer was apparently moved by the kid’s action of saluting him whenever he would see him leave his place or come back.
Lalngaihawma’s school is near RRR’s house. The little fan is a Class 2 student of Chhinga Veng Government Middle School, Aizawl, and is said to look up to RRR, the MLA of Aizawl East (II).
Aizawl FC became the talk of the town when it won the I-League in 2017. Their story made history and became a matter of celebration in not just the state but the entire Northeast region.
RRR was a former footballer who took Mizoram football to new heights. In an earlier interview with EastMojo, before the assembly elections last year, he had said: “Joining politics doesn’t mean that I have left football. I have joined politics with all my passion for the sport, and I have my football gear on me, my balls, jerseys and boots, and would certainly improve footballing activities in Mizoram.”
- A story of two mothers from a human-elephant conflict zone in Assam
- Meghalaya 2023: Lyngdoh sisters from Shillong file nominations
- India’s budget will be ray of hope for world: PM Modi
- Northeast India weather: Winter chill to give way to warmer days
- Guaranteed win: Ex-Tripura MLA’s family is contesting from 3 parties
- Nagaland 2023: Ceasefire board bans NSCN groups from carrying arms