Aizawl: Aizawl district court on Tuesday suspended the general headquarters of Mizo Hmeichhe Insuihkhawm Pawl (MHIP), one of the biggest voluntary organisations in Mizoram, over discrepancies, court officials said.
The lone women’s body in the state was told not to conduct any activity till elections are held and new office bearers elected. The court also directed the association to surrender its office seal immediately.
The court said that the MHIP was heard dolling out aids to NGOs after its term had expired in April. It stated that the association should be held under suspension till further order.
Earlier, the court had stayed the general election to the association over discrepancies in nomination paper.
- Modi calls for SCO template to fight radicalisation, extremism
- IT dept widens probe against actor Sonu Sood; search multiple premises
- Meghalaya yet to decide on oil palm cultivation: Forest minister
- Shenzhou-12 astronauts back on Earth after China’s longest space mission
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 17
- Need to increase mineral exploration in eastern states, says Centre