Imphal: With the commencement of the first session of the 17th Lok Sabha, Prime Minister Narendra Modi was sworn in along with other newly-elected members of Parliament in New Delhi on Monday.
As per reports, PM Modi, who is also the leader of the House, Union defence minister Rajnath Singh and Union home minister Amit Shah were among the first to take oath.
Inner Manipur MP RK Ranjan Singh and Outer Manipur MP Lorho Pfoze were also inducted as members of the House of the People on Monday.
While BJP leader Ranjan Singh took oath in Manipuri language, Naga People’s Front (NPF) MP Pfoze spoke in English for the swearing-in ceremony.
Meanwhile, seven-term MP Virendra Kumar was inducted as the pro-tem Speaker of Lok Sabha by President Ram Nath Kovind on Monday.
As soon as the House met, the elected Members stood in silence for a few minutes as per the convention ‘to mark the solemn occasion of the first session of the 17th Lok Sabha’.
According to reports, while most of the MPs took oath in Hindi, a few from Assam were sworn in in their mother tongue Assamese.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31