New Delhi: Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Pema Khandu on Monday called on Union minister of state (independent) for sports and youth affairs Kiren Rijiju at his office in New Delhi and discussed with him a long-term plan for development of sports and its related infrastructure in the state.
During the meeting, the infrastructure gap in Arunachal for implementation of ‘Khelo India’, a national programme for development of sports, was discussed in detail while development of sports activities such as boxing, weightlifting, football, martial arts, etc, in which Arunachali youths are believed to be naturally good at, were also discussed at length.
Arunachal Pradesh plans to hold National Games by 2024 for which the meeting took assessment on the status of sports infrastructure and other logistics preparedness in the state. The meeting also took review on the progress of development of major sports infrastructures such as construction of outdoor stadiums at Yupia, Chimpu, Pasighat, Aalo, Daporijo, etc, and sports academy for football, badminton, etc, in the state.
Besides this, the meeting discussed on the proposal to hold North East Youth Festival 2019-20 in Arunachal.
The meeting, among others, was also attended by sports minister Mama Natung and chief secretary Satya Gopal.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion