Guwahati: Pace bowler Arpan Dutta achieved a rare feat by taking a remarkable 10 wickets in an innings at the prestigious Nuruddin Ahmed Trophy Senior Inter-District Cricket Tournament in Guwahati, Assam on Thursday.
The young cricketer, who hails from Assam’s Sivasagar district, took all the 10 wickets in a match against the Charaideo district team. He bowled for 19 overs and maintained an economy run rate of 2.53 runs in the match played at the Nehru Stadium in Guwahati.
Nuruddin Ahmed Trophy Senior Inter-District Cricket Tournament is organised under the aegis of Assam Cricket Association. The tournament matches are being played in different grounds available across the districts of Assam.
At a time when things don’t seem to be too bright as far as the game of cricket in Assam is concerned, the display of skills by upcoming cricketers of state certainly provides a ray of hope into the future of the game.
Earlier in a similar achievement, young cricket star from Manipur, Rex Rajkumar Singh in an exceptional show of game took all the 10 wickets in an innings against Arunachal Pradesh at the Cooch Behar Trophy.
- LS passes Rs 1.48 lakh crore supplementary grants sans debate
- Long Covid infection linked with risk of ‘face blindness’: Study
- Iraq war’s damage to public trust has consequences right up to today
- IMF approves USD 3 billion for debt-ridden Sri Lanka
- Indian students urge UK PM to act over English test scandal
- What can we expect from the final UN climate report?