Kohima: Naga People’s Front (NPF), a regional political party in Nagaland and Manipur, felicitated Dr Lorho S Pfoze, the new MP from Outer Manipur Lok Sabha constituency, during its central executive council (CEC) emergency meeting in Kohima on Wednesday.
In his address, Pfoze committed to voice the Naga political issue and urged for a united stand of all Nagas, irrespective of the different political parties.
In his address, NPF president Shürhozelie Liezietsu said how the Congress’ loss by a small margin in the recently concluded elections was a “moral victory” for the party and its workers.
Also Read: Stop child abuse: This touching Kohima police video shows why
While the NPF is already in alliance with the BJP in Manipur, Liezietsu reaffirmed its decision to support the saffron party in the state as it “does not want to vitiate the atmosphere in any manner for the ongoing process of the framework agreement signed between Centre and NSCN(IM) on August 3, 2015.
The party also firmly stated that the Central govt should not make Hindi a compulsory subject.
- Arunachal’s Lipi Gamlin participates in ISRO Yuvika prog
- Meghalaya: ‘Cheap stunt’ or is the GNLA really regrouping?
- Active Covid cases in country dip to 4,972
- For Manipur’s fencing hero Jetlee, Olympics is a destination, not a dream
- Nagaland: NSF issues ultimatum to nab culprits involved in Naga club vandalisation
- Mizoram: ZORO holds rally to express solidarity with Manipur tribals hit by violence