Guwahati: Despite a major fire engulfing at least three coaches of the the Silchar-Trivandrum Express stationed at Silchar railway station of Assam’s Cachar district on Sunday, the train is expected to depart at 8.05 am on June 11 as scheduled, said reports.
As per reports, the inferno broke out in a sleeper-class compartment adjacent to the pantry car of the train rested at the Silchar station early on Sunday morning. However, there have been no reports of casualty at the train that arrived at the station on June 8.
Fire-fighters immediately rushed to the station as the massive fume spread out to nearby compartments of the train and successfully doused the fire. Initially, railway forces tried to douse the fire with fire extinguishers but they failed as it was spreading fast.
Meanwhile, railway officials upon noticing the massive fire immediately shifted the passengers packed in the Tripura bound Silchar-Agartala train stationed in the same platform to another to avoid any untoward incidents.
The cause behind the massive blaze is not yet known and railway authorities are taking up the investigations into the incident.
- Bharat Biotech awaits feedback from WHO for Covaxin EUL
- Jagdish Mukhi takes oath as 20th governor of Nagaland
- Murky water: Meghalaya MLA goes all guns blazing at minister
- GoPro Hero 10 Black launched. Check specifications, price, more
- Nagaland Lottery September 17: Check Dear Hooghly Morning lottery result
- Congress celebrates PM’s birthday as #NationalUnemploymentDay, Twitterati play along