Dimapur: A day after Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP) secretary general Abu Metha’s house was targeted on Wednesday evening, miscreants fired outside the residential gate of another party leader, Aonglenden MLA Sharingain Longkumer, at Darogapahar village in Nagaland’s Dimapur district on Thursday night.
As per reports, the incident happened around 9:40 pm when miscreants began to shoot at the gate from a vehicle moving towards Chumoukedima.
Some bullets reportedly passed through the gate. In all, 13 empty bullet cases of AK-47 rifle were recovered from the site of the incident.
On May 23, Longkumer won the Aonglenden constituency by-election after defeating Congress candidate Alem Jongshi.
Earlier on Wednesday night, 24 empty cases of AK-47 rifle were recovered outside the residences of Metha and Zeneituo Yano, former advisory member of the Angami Public Organisation (APO), the apex body of the Angami tribe.
Taking to twitter, TR Zeliang, leader of Opposition, wrote: “I strongly condemn the shooting at MLA Sharingain and GS of NDPP Abu Metha’s house. Such dastardly act has no place in a civilised society. I urge upon the GoN to investigate thoroughly and book the culprits and take action according to the provisions of the law.”
- Megaherbivores could be a potential solution to manage invasive plants, finds study
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes
- NASA just brought back the largest-ever asteroid sample