Ukhrul: Expressing serious concern over the increasing rate of deforestation in Manipur, chief minister N Biren Singh said that many places in the state are slowly losing its green sheen due to climate change.
Singh said this while participating in a meeting organised as part of the World Environment Day celebration at Hungpung village in Ukhrul district on Wednesday.
The CM along with Manipur minister for forests and environment Th Shyamkumar Singh and many others also took part in a plantation drive organised as part of the programme.
Echoing on a similar note, Shyamkumar Singh said, “Beauty defines not from the appearances but it defines from how well a person maintains its surrounding and environment. So, kindly maintain the natural beauty which is a gift from God.”
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31