Agartala: The Tripura Police busted an arms racket at Kalacherra, a remote tribal village in south Tripura district, on Monday.
Interacting with media persons, Sabroom Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) L Molsom told reporters that the police raided the house of Jarmarum Tripura at Kalacherra village on Monday morning and recovered a huge cache of illegal weapons. The raid was conducted based on inputs obtained during the interrogation of three arms dealers arrested two days ago from the same village, he said.
“Three persons were arrested from the same village two days ago with one country-made pistol and 16 rounds of ammunition. Inputs gathered during their interrogation led to a raid at Kalacherra village, where three country-made guns, 23 cartridges of AK 47, 167 empty cartridges of 9 mm pistols, five empty cartridges of SLR, one welding machine and some sophisticated tool box were recovered,” Molsom said.
Earlier on May 1, three persons — Amit Tripura, Bahadur Tripura and Joel Tripura —were detained from the house during the raid. A country-made pistol, 16 rounds of cartridge, Bangladeshi currency and other tools along with sharp weapons were recovered from their possession.
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit
- NEET syllabus: Don’t treat doctors as football in power game, warns SC
- Nagaland: Hand over derelict shopping complex to entrepreneurs, says RPP
- A megacomet is headed towards our solar system. Should we be worried?
- Two girls gang raped inside cyber cafe in UP