Aizawl: Hundreds of students belonging to Mizoram Hindi Training College staged a protest rally on Monday demanding removal of the college principal over plethora of irregularities and maladministration in the institution.
The protesting students also burnt the effigy of the institute principal, Dr Louis Haunhnar.
A student leader alleged that Hauhnar had misused his power and demanded he should be transferred immediately. He also accused Hauhnar of obtaining a Master’s Degree in just one-and-a-half year against the UGC norms.
The student leader also alleged that many students could not get scholarship owing to award of the same to students who were not enrolled in the college.
The students had also staged indefinite strike in March against various issues related to negligence of teachers, termination of the college’s affiliation, imposition of exorbitant absence fine, poor electric facilities, non-usage of medical aid fund and exorbitant rate of bus fare.
They also alleged that the college principal had embezzled fund contributed by the students for hiring college bus besides tour funds amounting to Rs 1.74 lakh.
- IIT-Guwahati working on generating hydrogen from water using sunlight
- Incredible to have Bollywood, dance sequence in Marvel movie: Filmmaker Chloe Zhao
- Two NE women, auto driver injured resisting snatching bid in Delhi
- No shortage of power in country, says power minister R K Singh
- Past and present India cricketers back Shami after pacer faces online abuse
- Assam lockdown? CM Himanta allays fear, says Covid cases under control