Itanagar : Phosum Khimhun was elected as the pro-tem Speaker of the 7th Arunachal Pradesh state legislative assembly for the fifth consecutive term on Sunday. During the recently-held assembly elections, Khimhun was elected from the Changlang South Assembly constituency.
The governor of Arunachal Pradesh, Brig (Dr) BD Mishra (Retd), administrated the oath of office to Khimhun in an official ceremony at Raj Bhavan, Itanagar on Sunday.
Khimhun will perform the duties of the office of the pro-tem Speaker until the speaker is chosen by the Assembly. He will administer oath to the newly-elected legislators of the state legislative assembly when the house is convened on Monday.
CM Pema Khandu was present on the occasion, among others.
- Meghalaya 2023: BJP fields ex-militant Bernard Marak against CM
- G-20 summit a golden opportunity to highlight Assam’s culture: Sonowal
- Why publishers are banning listing of ChatGPT as academic author
- IIT-Guwahati: Scientists discuss low-cost solutions to curb methane emissions
- Railways to recruit for IRMS through Civil Services Examination
- 16-pound baby born in Brazil: what adds to risk of having a giant baby?