Itanagar : Phosum Khimhun was elected as the pro-tem Speaker of the 7th Arunachal Pradesh state legislative assembly for the fifth consecutive term on Sunday. During the recently-held assembly elections, Khimhun was elected from the Changlang South Assembly constituency.
The governor of Arunachal Pradesh, Brig (Dr) BD Mishra (Retd), administrated the oath of office to Khimhun in an official ceremony at Raj Bhavan, Itanagar on Sunday.
Khimhun will perform the duties of the office of the pro-tem Speaker until the speaker is chosen by the Assembly. He will administer oath to the newly-elected legislators of the state legislative assembly when the house is convened on Monday.
CM Pema Khandu was present on the occasion, among others.
- World Bamboo Day: Assam and its bond with this versatile plant
- US court sets aside proposed Trump-era rule on H-1B visa selection
- Assam: Two militants of newly formed outfit killed in Kokrajhar
- Achieved all, never overstay welcome: Shastri gears up for end of tenure
- RN Ravi sworn-in as Governor of Tamil Nadu
- 2 spacetech startups get access to ISRO facilities to test rocket systems