Aizawl: In a video doing the rounds on social media, Mizoram deputy speaker Lalrinawma is seen cutting a fallen tree to clear a blocked village road. The video has now gone viral.
The incident occurred when Lalrinawma, two-time MLA from Tuikam, was on his way to visit a village under his constituency. A fallen tree had blocked the road and its top was stuck. Since the tree could not be lifted aside, it needed to be cut to clear the road.
The deputy speaker took it upon himself to do the task; he picked up an axe and got into action and cleared the blocked path, said a report by The Morning Bell.
Lalrinawma is known for his simple acts which reflect his humane side of being a politician. From a simple gesture of clearing a blocked road to humbly riding a bike to work, the deputy speaker has been winning hearts all along.
After state assembly elections last year, he was seen riding a bike to work instead of opting for the VVIP culture of a red-beacon car. He was accompanied by Champhai North MLA ZR Thiamsanga who was also seen riding pillion on the two-wheeler.
- Tripura: Two BSF jawans killed, one injured following scuffle
- Biden to host Indo-Pacific leaders as China concerns grow
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 24
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 24
- Congress issues show-cause notice to 212 workers in Assam
- Arunachal police arrest TV actor for running pornography website