Itanagar: A miscreant allegedly burnt a car in front of BJP MP Tapir Gao’s residence around 6 am on Friday. The goon also killed a puppy in front of the residence gate.
Capital Complex SP Tumme Amo said that Gao’s wife has already registered a complaint (as Gao is out of town) in Itanagar police station. Police are investigating the case.
According to sources, the incident seems to be a fallout of a political rivalry as Tapir Gao had recently won the Arunachal East Lok sabha seat in the 2019 general elections.
Previously, Gao was the president of the Arunachal Pradesh state BJP unit.
In the Eastern Arunachal seat, which too witnessed a multi-cornered contest with five candidates in the fray during the recent Lok Sabha elections, Gao wrested the seat from the Congress.
Gao defeated his nearest rival Lowangcha Wangat of the Congress by a margin of 69,948 votes. Gao polled a total of 1,53,883 votes, whle Wanglat polled 83,935 votes.
Ninong Ering of the Congress won from the seat in 2014 by a margin of 12478 votes defeating Gao. Gao had also won from the seat in 2009 general elections.
- Sikkim parties demand removal of immigrant tag on Nepalis in SC verdict
- India repatriates 17 Pakistani prisoners: Pak High Commission
- Over 4 lakh voters added to Assam’s electoral roll
- Situation along eastern border with China stable but unpredictable: GOC-in-C
- Pathaan: Total worldwide collection crosses Rs 200 cr mark
- Meghalaya: 50 BJP workers join Congress to support PN Syiem, defeat BJP’s AL Hek