Itanagar: A miscreant allegedly burnt a car in front of BJP MP Tapir Gao’s residence around 6 am on Friday. The goon also killed a puppy in front of the residence gate.
Capital Complex SP Tumme Amo said that Gao’s wife has already registered a complaint (as Gao is out of town) in Itanagar police station. Police are investigating the case.
According to sources, the incident seems to be a fallout of a political rivalry as Tapir Gao had recently won the Arunachal East Lok sabha seat in the 2019 general elections.
Previously, Gao was the president of the Arunachal Pradesh state BJP unit.
In the Eastern Arunachal seat, which too witnessed a multi-cornered contest with five candidates in the fray during the recent Lok Sabha elections, Gao wrested the seat from the Congress.
Gao defeated his nearest rival Lowangcha Wangat of the Congress by a margin of 69,948 votes. Gao polled a total of 1,53,883 votes, whle Wanglat polled 83,935 votes.
Ninong Ering of the Congress won from the seat in 2014 by a margin of 12478 votes defeating Gao. Gao had also won from the seat in 2009 general elections.
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion
- Watch: BTS live at the United Nations General Assembly