Guwahati: Moments after Dibrugarh MP Rameswar Teli was sworn in as a Union minister by President Ram Nath Kovind at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi on Thursday evening, leaders from across the Northeast congratulated the leader for his induction in PM Narendra Modi’s new government.
Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal took to Twitter to wish Teli all the best:
Arunachal Pradesh CM Pema Khandu too congratulated him on Twitter:
Similarly, Manipur CM N Biren Singh, too, took to Twitter:
Nagaland CM Neiphiu Rio said he was hopeful that Teli’s induction into the new government will “leverage all-round development of the region”.
Assam minister and North East Democratic Alliance convenor Himanta Biswa Sarma also joined the other leaders in congratulating Teli.
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers
- Sheriff: Alec Baldwin fired prop gun on movie set, killing woman
- Nagaland: 13 cops under investigation for misappropriation of gold bars
- First female head of Japan labour lobby vows to empower women
- CISF apologises to actor after she is asked to remove prosthetic limb at airport