Guwahati: Moments after Dibrugarh MP Rameswar Teli was sworn in as a Union minister by President Ram Nath Kovind at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi on Thursday evening, leaders from across the Northeast congratulated the leader for his induction in PM Narendra Modi’s new government.
Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal took to Twitter to wish Teli all the best:
Arunachal Pradesh CM Pema Khandu too congratulated him on Twitter:
Similarly, Manipur CM N Biren Singh, too, took to Twitter:
Nagaland CM Neiphiu Rio said he was hopeful that Teli’s induction into the new government will “leverage all-round development of the region”.
Assam minister and North East Democratic Alliance convenor Himanta Biswa Sarma also joined the other leaders in congratulating Teli.
- Meghalaya: Govt considering jobs for dependents of Mukroh victims
- Meghalaya: State limping back to normalcy after Mukroh violence, says CM
- Mukroh incident linked to timber smuggling, not border dispute: Special DGP
- Did Dibrugarh Uni try to cover up ragging incident? Police to probe, says Assam CM
- Arunachal bags 14 medals in Wushu Women’s League
- Mizoram: BJP, MNF to form coalition government in MADC