Guwahati: In a delightful picture doing the rounds on social media, Pope Francis was seen donning traditional Naga accessories at Vatican City earlier this week.
On May 28, Nagaland Bishop Dr James Thoppil presented an eastern Naga headgear, an Angami necklace and a Lotha sash to the the head of the Catholic Church, which he gladly put on.
The eastern Naga headgear was worn by the fiercest warrior of the village during head hunting times and it is a symbol of pride.
This is not the first time it has happened.
Also Read: Nagaland on high alert after fall armyworm infestation
In 2015, a similar picture of the Pope did the rounds on social media; then Reverend Dr James Thoppil met the Pope after general audience in St Peter’s Square at the Vatican on April 15 and presented him a Naga headgear and a Naga shawl.
- Nagaland govt not prepared to fight people: CM on ULB polls
- Faith and superstition: A journey via the eyes of the poor in Panisokori
- Why bioplastics won’t solve our plastic problems
- Increased maternal education in India linked with lower under-five deaths: Study
- Meghalaya: Wildlife dept to probe death of barking deer in Tura
- New NCERT textbooks revised as per NEP likely from 2024-25
Leave a comment