Guwahati: A high alert has been sounded across Assam’s Hojai district since Wednesday evening in the apprehension that subversive activities may be planned by terror organisations ahead of and during the oath-taking ceremony of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his council of ministers in New Delhi on Thursday evening.
The district police administration has announced a high alert particularly in railway stations and public gatherings such as Lumding railway station, Hojai town, Lanka and Jamunamukh.
As per reports from the district police based on intelligence inputs, it has been informed that a few terror organisations along with their sleeper cells active in the region are planning to carry out disruptive activities prior to the swearing-in ceremony of the new government at the Centre.
Meanwhile, the cops appealed the people of state to stay alert and immediately report upon any suspicious activities coming to their notice.
In the above context, the security department has requested public to contact Hojai Police Control Room at phone number 06000924750 or the local police station or dial 100 upon sensing suspicious movements near them.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his cabinet is all set to be sworn in for a second term at the Centre on Thursday.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion